Spectators lined the streets along the route of this awesome event promoted by JSO. I was there with camera in hand watching as the motorcyclists passed. Announcement from first coast news read:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Kickstands are going up at 7 p.m. and the motorcycles will hit the road. Traffic beware.
The 7th annual "Light the City" police motorcycle charity ride starts and ends at Adamec Harley-Davidson on Baymeadows Road near Interstate 95.
The ride is to benefit Concerns of Police Survivors, the Fraternal Order of Police, and the Police Athletic League.
Tickets remain on sale for the ride, $35 per driver, $25 per passenger, and are available at all Adamec Harley-Davidson locations, the Fraternal Order of police Lodge on Beach Boulevard or online. VIP tickets are available for $150. Anyone riding must wear a helmet.
Registration begins at 4:30 and lasts until 6:30.
There is also a raffle to benefit the organizations; tickets cost $20 each or six for $100. the grand prize is a Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Iron.
Traffic will be affected by the ride.
The route from Adamec Harley-Davidson:
- North on I-95 over the Fuller Warren Bridge to Park Street
- Park Street to Water Street
- Water Street to the Acosta Bridge
- Acosta Bridge to Prudential Drive
- Prudential Drive to Main Street
- Main Street Bridge to Forsyth Street
- Forsyth Street to the Hart Bridge
- Hart Expressway to Beach Boulevard
- Beach Boulevard to State Road 9A
- SR9A over the Dames Point Bridge
- Back over the Dames Point Bridge to Monument RoadMonument Road to Lee Road
Lee Road to Atlantic Boulevard
- Atlantic Boulevard to State Road 9A
- SR9A to J. Turner Butler Boulevard
- JTB to I-95
- Back to Adamec Harley-Davidson